Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Towers of hanoi(orange)

My room (14, H6) is an amazing place. This room measuring 9' X 7' is the confluence of signals from four different mobile towers of Orange (I see a title! I see a title!). How do I know? well... the cell info display option. If I hold the mobile near the table in my room, I get IIT Powai E , just move two steps to the right, wow, it changed to Powai B, now go 3 steps backwards, voila, you have Powai D, and move a bit to the left, hmmm, what do you expect? Powai C? no, actually the mobile has lost all the signals (there, gotcha!)..so how is the count of towers four..well i lied a bit!!to catch signals from fourth tower, I have to just stand outside the room and i get signals from hiranandani tower!

Ok, my room receives signals from four towers(yes , I insist it is four!), so what is the big deal? The point of all this cribbing is that no signal strongly dominates the signals from other towers, the effect of which are conversations that go like this

me:hellooo..
otherend : chuusshh..beep..chusshhh..
me: hellooo..kelistha illa..
otherend: CHUSSHHH..BEEEP..CHUSSHH (louder, this time)
me:HELLOOO..naanu ache hogthine..
otherend:gooosshhh...
(i go out of the room)
me: eega
otherend: helloooo..
me: heLi..kelistha idhe..
otherend: helooooo...
me:HELLOOOOO..HELI..
otherend:oh cut agi hoithu ..thu!
me:HELLOO..HELLOOO..CUT AGILLA..
otherend:..beep..beep...beep..
by the time i complete this one sided communication, people from adjacent rooms have come out at the loud noises in a strange tongue(ok... this is a figment of my imagination)

So this is the problem of towers of orange.. any solutions?

1 Comments:

Blogger sudeep said...

I remember this problem really well!!!!
Anyway IITB is a great hostel to stay with frineds man! really great times spent there.....

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home