Tuesday, May 03, 2005

SSSSSSSMOKIN

On my way to office I saw a man, a mason, smoking a 'beedi'. Yeah there is nothing strange about that, but what amazed me was the look of satisfaction on his face. He was one happy man, really enjoying his beedi. This made me wonder do all people get same amount of satisfaction from smoking? I dont think so, because I have seen so many grumpy faces with dangling cigarettes in their mouth. So if you dont really enjoy it, why smoke at all? May be for the same reason people drink coffee? There is one difference between these two habits. Being a 'Filter coffee' fan I can certainly say that I cannot savour a cup of hot coffee on a hot, sweaty , sunny summer day, but the mason I saw was truly taking great pleasure from his beedi in the same weather, and that too he was hanging on to a lorry carrying construction material. Amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home